Recycling of coated abrasives
When producing coated abrasives, waste is created, e.g. shortfall batches, stamping residues and scrap. Until now, production waste has been thermally recycled and then dumped, instead of undergoing a materials recycling process which would allow the abrasive grains to be recovered.
PDR is a specialist for complex material recycling with the goal of creating marketable products. Our extensive know-how in the fields of chemical recycling and plastics processing, and years of operative experience in the control of sector solutions and as a partner to large OEMs serve as the basis for creating new recycling approaches for other sectors and waste types. In collaboration with the RWTH Aachen and an industrial partner, we have developed a recycling procedure of this kind within the scope of a project sponsored by the German Federal Foundation for the Environment (DBU), and we would like to establish a sector solution with you.
The recycling process has five separate steps:
1. Preconditioning / shredding to guarantee a defined grain size distribution
2. Thermal material disintegration of abrasive grains and binding agents
3. Desagglomeration (careful separation of the abrasive grain-ash agglomerates)
4. Separation / screening (separation of the abrasive grains from the other materials, such as minerals and residual waste)
5. Classification according to FEPA-P norm
We can help you to make a significant contribution to environmental protection, sustainability and resource conservation.
Close the production cycle with us. Join us!